Thursday, February 18, 2010

My EBF Story


So every year BeerAdocate holds an event called the Extreme Beer Festival. They have Night of the Barrels (100% Barrel Aged Beers all night), Session 1, and Session 2. I think they limit each session to 500 people. Basically, there are tons of great beers from many different breweries and you get to try a lot of things that normally wouldn't be available.

My buddy, Matt, from California was going to be going out there and had an extra ticket so I got this idea that maybe I should be going as well. I had less that 20 hours to get this trip worked out as my plane would have left Wednesday right after class (Matt was going to use his miles so my flight would be cheaper and this was the only option out of Fargo). I managed to get my work shift covered, my bags packed, and most important a place to crash on Wednesday and Thursday evening. It took a long time to get everything set in stone, but I was ready to go.

I got to sleep trying to calculate the numbers and just relax and think if this was a good idea or not. I woke up in the morning and realized that this was one of the dumbest ideas ever. The trip would have cost well over $500 and with Darklord Day and maybe a trip to Cali over summer, I really couldn't afford this.

Anyways, I guess the moral of the story is that you need to spend money on beer where it counts. Granted EBF would have been great, I am looking more forward to going to DLD with a bunch of buddies.

Thanks for reading, next time I will having something more relevant.

-Ben

1 comment:

  1. I'll raise a pint to you tomorrow, Ben! Sorry you couldn't make it. And if you're in the SF bay area next summer, I'll have a couch for you. (Depending when you come, I'll either still be in Palo Alto or have moved to San Francisco)

    ReplyDelete