Thursday, March 4, 2010

Town Hall Part 2

Here is my second installment of my trip to the cities since my first post got a little long.

Woke up Saturday morning and headed to Town Hall. Got there a little after 11, so an hour before the release. I was planning on drinking some Port barrel aged Odin, but that had already been kicked, so it looked like I had to wait an hour for my Jack Daniels Barrel Aged Czar Jack. It was a few minutes before noon and the bartenders started lining up goblets of the BA Czar Jack and I was ready to give it a try.

Served in a 10 oz goblet.

1/2 finger of dark tan head. Very thick and creamy. Good lace as well. Color is a dark black.

Aroma: The aroma starts out with some subtle notes of Jack Daniels. It is not overpowered but it lets you know it's there. Then comes the roasted malts, chocolate, and coffee. Dark fruit notes show through in the background. Oak and vanilla up front. Very nice.

Taste: Lots of cherries and dark fruits are apparent from the first sip. There is a nice amount if Jack Daniels, but again, it is not over done. Oak, vanilla and roasted malts follow after the JD with some chocolate and coffee.

Mouthfeel: Smooth, creamy, and roasty. Full bodied with a good amount of carbonation. Ends very clean. Everything I could ask for in an RIS.

Overall, a very solid beer. Tons of flavor and the barrel aging was perfectly done. Some beers can adapt the whiskey flavors too much, but this beer was perfectly crafted. I highly recommend. Very drinkable. No heat at all with this beer. Simply amazing.

I had over 2 glasses of this and still wanted more. This beer is one of Town Hall's finest.

I am very lucky to have got to try this and this was worth the drive. I really wish they had this on tap more often, but I am afraid it won't be showing up for a while. They had a limited amount of growlers for sale and they sold out in just over an hour with a 2 growler limit!

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for my next post on my visit to Flat Earth Brewing!
-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment