Saturday, March 13, 2010

Nothing like cracking open a can of Furious

Just keeping it simple tonight with my post.

Furious, an American IPA with 99 IBUs clocking in at 6.2% abv. This is a beer that I used to take for granted that it was available around me, but not anymore. Every time I had furious I really enjoyed it and wanted more, but for some reason I just didn't buy that much of it during the past few months. I tried a bunch of other IPAs and none of them really could compete with Furious and it took me until a few weeks ago to realize this. Furious is simply a well crafted IPA.

A little side note here. Many craft breweries have year round IPAs because they sell easily. However, if they don't sell then they obviously sit on the shelves and their hop profile fades. The most annoy thing when buying beer is realizing you bought an old ipa. The thing I like about furious is that it sells so fast around here. I never have to worry about it not being fresh.

Furious has a huge pine hop profile with tons of citrus. Combine that with the toffee and caramel malt flavors to give it the slightest touch of balance and you have yourself a radical IPA that can be drank all day. This beer is a hop lovers dream and I am very fortunate to have access to this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment