Thursday, January 28, 2010

Surprised by 3 Squares


I originally wrote this December 30, 2009.


Yesterday, I had a few hours to kill after stopping by Princeton Liquors in Maple Grove, so I decided to check out 3 Squares for the first time (only a few miles away). They have their happy hour from 3 to 6 and then 9 to close. I was impressed with their happy hour special of $2 pints and half off appetizers. Their tap list consists of many Summit products, Furious, Smoke, Snowstorm, Sweet Child of Vine, NB Fat Tire and Lips of Faith Biere de Garde, and a few ‘craft’ marcros. Unfortunately, the Smoke wasn’t available for the happy hour special.

I decided to go with the NB Lips of Faith, considering the value was amazing. Normally, $10 a bomber at any store in the areas, $2 for a pint was great price. Also, I decided to get an order of chicken drummies. The beer was great, see review here. Surprisingly, it went pretty well with the chicken. I have had this beer other places on tap and for some reason it just wasn't the same. I really enjoyed it during my visit.

A few comments on the place. The service is great. I had no problem with anything there. I always had a beer in front of me and the bartender checked up to make sure everything was alright. There was probably only one issue I had with the bar. The TV’s were placed on the sides of the bar and not in front of it, so in order to watch it, I had to consistently turn around. Not the biggest deal in the world, but something they could consider.

I ended up staying for another Bierde de Garde and then rolled on out to stubs.

If you are in the area, I recommend stopping by 3 Squares for a few well priced pints and appetizers.

Thanks for reading,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment